We specialise in costs arising from Personal Injury (PI) and Clinical Negligence cases. Because we act for a number of leading law practices, our level of service and understanding has to be exceptional
Our experience includes dealing with:
- Asbestos and mesothelioma claims
- Assault and criminal claims
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Dental negligence
- Disease related injuries
- Fatal claims
- Loss of limbs
- Negligent medical treatment
- Noise induced hearing loss
- Serious head injuries
- Serious orthopaedic injuries
- Serious psychiatric injuries
We’re frequently instructed to deal with multi-million pound claims.
Examples of recent work:
- Preparing a £1.4 million Bill arising from a serious RTA where the claimant sustained life changing brain injuries. The claimant obtained damages of £2.6 million, plus periodic payments.
- Attending a Costs Case Management conference in a clinical negligence case worth around £450,000. The claimant had received severe injuries from an undiagnosed complication following the birth of her child. We successfully defended the grade of fee earner and the hourly rates sought by the claimant.
- Preparing a £800,000 bill arising from a complex motorcycle claim. The claimant had sustained serious orthopaedic and psychiatric injuries and subsequently obtained damages of £1.6 million, plus periodic payments.
- Attending a detailed assessment in the Senior Courts Costs Office regarding a mesothelioma claim. We successfully defeated submissions that the costs were disproportionate and maintained the enhanced Grade A rates.
- Preparing a £800,000 costs budget in a £10 million RTA claim.
Good to know…
Our Managing Director, Nicholas Lee, frequently provides legal training, such as speaking at Guildhall Chamber’s PI Seminars. He’s also written articles for the Personal Injury Law Journal, the Personal Injury Brief Update Law Journal and the Claims Magazine.
Paragon Costs were also pleased to sponsor an award at the Personal Injury Awards 2014