Banking and Finance litigation is another one of our specialist areas.
- Consumer claims and allegations of mis-selling
- Enforcement of security
- Lender liability claims
- Mortgage litigation
- Possession proceedings
- Professional negligence
We’re frequently instructed to deal with claims where the costs are in the multi-millions.
Examples of recent work:
- Dealing with costs arising from contested possession proceedings which were opposed by an occupier.
- Advising on costs arising from claims against the providers of credit in accordance to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended by the 2006 Act).
- Dealing with costs arising from allegations that a mortgage was fraudulently obtained in defending possession proceedings.
- Considering costs in relation to mis-selling and misrepresentation of investment and insurance products.