We have members on our team who have particular expertise in costs arising from Private Client litigation. Our experience includes dealing with litigation costs relating to:
- Administration of estates
- Agricultural disputes
Examples of recent work:
- Defending various costs claims resulting from an unsuccessful contested will application. Even though our client had lost, the costs claimed against him were excessive. We reduced one of the bills on assessment by 67%.
- Being instructed by executors to consider the costs of the beneficiaries arising from a statutory will application.
- Preparing a budget of £220,000 in respect of a contested will.
- Dealing with costs arising from the sale of defective bull semen.
- Costs relating to a sale and purchase of residential property. Costs invoiced to the client were in excess of £26,000. We negotiated a settlement at less than 50% which saved the client over £13,000.