Advocacy is reserved to our Costs Lawyers – who are all experienced and frequent advocates. They welcome the opportunity to represent our clients at Court.
Qualified Costs Lawyers with a current practising certificate will:
- Be regulated by the CLSB.
- Undertake 12 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points per year.
- Have in place a complaints handling procedure and a minimum level of professional indemnity insurance.
- Be authorised under the Legal Services Act 2007 to undertake the reserved legal activities of: the exercise of a right audience, the conduct of litigation and the administration of oaths.
Our most common instructions are for: Costs Management Conferences, Interim Payment Application Hearings, Detailed Assessments, Reviews of Provisional Assessments and Appeals.
We’ve also teamed up with specialist costs barristers to provide bespoke discounted rates. These are for some of our clients who prefer to instruct Counsel for Advocacy.
Recent work we’ve conducted:
- Costs Management conferences in the RCJ, Bristol, Poole, Reading, Gloucester and Oxford.
- Detailed Assessment hearings in the SCCO, Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Reading, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Poole, Bournemouth, Bodmin and Truro.
- Summary Assessment hearings in the RCJ and Bristol.
- An Interim Payment application hearing in Gloucester.
Good to know…
We also conduct Mock Hearings as a training exercise for our Costs Draftsmen and Clients.