We have the knowledge and expertise to advise you on all areas of costs law.Call us on 0845 160 9595.
Janina started her career in costs back in 2008 and joined the firm in November 2011. In 2016 Janina qualified as a Costs Lawyer.
At the start of her career Janina undertook audits of the claims for costs on behalf of a large legal expenses insurer client in accordance to their Contractual Terms of Appointment. This included preparation of formal reports detailing discoveries made and negotiating costs with full delegated authority. Later, Janina progressed to drafting schedules, claims for submission to the Legal Services Commission and bills of costs in relation to Family Law matters for both private and Legal Aid clients. She also had an opportunity to draft short form Deputyship bills for the in-house Deputyship team.
Since joining Paragon Costs Janina has been involved in preparing a number of bills for high value personal injury claims, including clinical negligence claims. In addition she often prepares bills on commercial and Deputyship matters. Furthermore she has experience in preparing formal bills relating to Solicitor/ Client disputes. As well as preparing bills Janina has experience in preparing costs budgets; she also deals with points of dispute, negotiations of final settlements and occasionally assists advocates at detailed assessment hearings. Janina has also provided training for clients on the detailed assessment process.
Janina’s recent work includes:
- A bill of costs equating to £2,034,493.50 in relation to a claim for damages for a catastrophic brain injury arising from a road traffic accident;
- A bill of costs equating to £1,574,892.65 in relation to a multi- million clinical negligence claim;
- A six column bill totalling £717,009.35 in relation to a personal injury claim where the claimant developed an extremely rare Capgrass Syndrome;
- A Solicitor/ Client bill of costs totalling £395,538.83;
- Prepared her largest Deputyship bill of costs yet that equated to the total sum of £112,247.18.